miércoles, 19 de diciembre de 2012

How to apologize -



How to apologize

Please ......... me for interrupting you, I didn't realize you were busy with someone else.

(a)  forget
(b)  forfeit
(c)  forbid
(d)  forgive


I'm very ......... that I'm late but there is a train strike on at the moment.

(a)  sore
(b)  sorry
(c)  sorrow
(d)  sorrowful

Please send my ......... to the meeting as I shan't be able to attend.

(a)  apologies
(b)  apologize
(c)  apologized
(d)  apologizing

There's really no ......... for my behaviour last night. I can only think that I'd had too much to drink.

(a)  exception
(b)  escape
(c)  excuse
(d)  exclusion

I know I shouldn't have made those remarks about your work and I hope you now know how deeply I ......... what I said.

(a)  review
(b)  regret
(c)  respect
(d)  restore

I must ......... your pardon, I mistook you for somebody else.

(a)  bid
(b)  bide
(c)  beggar
(d)  beg

If it helps to put things right, please let me take ......... everything I said earlier.

(a)  again
(b)  back
(c)  in
(d)  across

Please accept this small present as my way of making ......... for all the trouble I've caused.

(a)  attempts
(b)  attention
(c)  amends
(d)  arrears

All I can do now is simply beg your ......... and hope that in time we can get back to where we used to be.

(a)  interest
(b)  interpretation
(c)  inclination
(d)  indulgence

In their religion as long as they ........., they will be forgiven their sins.

(a)  repent
(b)  restore
(c)  repeat
(d)  request

http://www.english-test.net/esl/learn/english/grammar/ii064/esl-test.php

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario